Persistent headaches, migraines, jaw pain, and discomfort during mealtimes could be a sign of a TMJ disorder, a type of joint dysfunction that affects the movement around the jaw bone.
Gillespie Dentistry offers TMJ treatment near Vancouver, WA. We treat a wide range of cases - all under one roof!
What Is TMJ?
TMD (temporomandibular disorders), commonly referred to as TMJ, usually manifests itself as pain when chewing, clicking, and locking of the jaw. In severe cases, it can even cause breathing issues. These symptoms can cause other painful conditions, like migraines and even earaches.
If you are experiencing one or more of the following symptoms, you could be suffering from TMJ:
- Frequent headaches
- Pain and tenderness around the jaw, ears, cheeks, and neck
- Frequent Migraines
- Jaw stiffness
- Pain while eating
- Pain while yawning
- Locking of the jaw
- Change in facial expressions
- Malocclusion (misaligned bite)
During your consultation, our doctors will perform a TMJ screening to determine a diagnosis. If you do, in fact, have TMJ, they will create a treatment plan that promotes rapid relief.
Our TMJ Treatments Can Help!
We use a variety of treatment options to help alleviate the pain and discomfort of TMJ symptoms. We typically treat this dysfunction using the following therapies:
- Oral Appliance (Bruxism Mouth Guard). These custom mouth guards are designed to be worn while sleeping. They are specially made to fit the contours of each patient's smile. Bruxism mouth guards are generally prescribed to those who grind their teeth at night.
- Medicinal Therapy. Depending on the level of pain you are experiencing, our dentists may prescribe medicinal therapy to alleviate the discomfort and relax the muscles around the jaw bone.
Before creating a treatment plan, our doctors will ask you plenty of questions about your medical history and lifestyle to determine which devices or medications could be best for you.
Schedule Your TMJ Treatment Consultation With Gillespie Dentistry
You don't need to suffer from migraines or jaw pain. Call us today to get the relief you need.
We speak Spanish & Russian!